The end of another decade;

Assalamualaikum and hi, my imaginary readers. 
I don't even know where to start. All this while, I have always been saying that I hate how a year went and how there are so many things that I have regretted throughout the year. But, I can finally say that I love this year and very thankful for how this decade ends. For all these years being a kid, being in school, I can only imagine how complicated and exciting being an adult is. And when I started to enter my 20s 2 years back, I finally got a taste of how adult life is. But this year is different. This year is the last year I am officially no longer a student. I AM NOT GOING TO BE A STUDENT ANYMORE. Well for the time being at least. Though I am still going to keep learning in everything that I do, it's different. I can't even imagine being in a working environment. Officially an ADULT. 

I've met so many new people, but I still cut ties with some. I travelled quite a few times and really really grateful for that. When I was looking back at all the events that had happened this year to make this post, I have quite a detailed list. But to put them into words, I don't even know to choose the right terms. Every month was filled with sometimes bitter memories but most of them were definitely filled with sweet ones. 

Some of the highlights of this year were 
  • last-minute plan New Zealand trip which is one of the places that I have always wanted to go (and did my first bungee jump!)
  • entered an actual research laboratory and used the actual machine on my own to do research
  • actually joined an exchanged program
  • seeking for a job
  • opened up our very first family business- my sister's vet clinic
  • changed my part-time job environment
  • went to South Korea again after 6 years, twice actually
  • first stadium (+ world cup) experience
  • went to Shawn Mendes's tour in Tokyo
  • be a part of the committee for Malaysian Night
  • fall trip to Nikko with the girls
  • went to see my girls at Fukuoka
  • hike Mt. Takao with MSAJ peeps
  • first time being a translator
  • get to know SKZ 
I am a strong believer of everything happens for a reason. And I believe that everything that had happened to me throughout the year was meant to teach me a certain lesson and to make me grow into a better person. I am looking forward to the start of another decade and pray that next year will be filled with a lot of blessings, happiness, prosperity and success for each and every one of us. Amin. 

Bismillah. 
Love, 
D.

Jumping in 2020 with joy, pun intended

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How 2018 has treated me?

A tight hug.

growing up and surviving