Collateral Beauty

Assalamualaikum and hi, my imaginary readers. 
It's been quite a while since I last write. And finally, here's my very first post for this year. 
It's March already if you guys haven't noticed and you guys gotta agree with me that this year have been so fast so far right? Well TMI about me? Nothing much had happened except that I am no longer a student. Although it's not official yet and unfortunately, I can't really make a big deal out of it. As some of you might not know, due to the recent Covid-19 epidemic, my graduation ceremony got cancelled. Somehow, I am still in denial and don't know how to counter these sad feelings yet. Also, please take care of yourselves ya guys and remember to frequently wash hands with soap okay?

Anyway, I'm back home in Malaysia now and I'm going back to Japan in four days (pls pray that I'll be fine) and I have encountered few things that made me think again about the movie Aiman Azlan recommended in the Aida Azlin show podcast; Collateral Beauty. At first, I didn't really get the plot of the movie or even the literal meaning of the phrase. But I thought, oh maybe I can be a deep person wannabe and actually relate to it. Well, me trying to be a deep person wasn't really a success but as I said, the people I 've encountered these few days actually helped me discover the definition of that particular phrase (as what I thought the meaning would be).

Beauty is very subjective, right? Yes, it's cliche but I am not wrong, am I? The moment you invest in something, sacrifice something and expect a certain outcome that will benefit you or make you happy, you'll definitely find beauty in it. Whether throughout the journey or in the result itself. What's the most impossible thing you thought you cannot achieve but actually living it now? Mine was quite a list. Almost half the things that I have in my life now, I wasn't really expecting them. But, the fact that I sacrifice something by doing or not doing things for me to achieve them has brought me to what seems impossible back then.

A little about the movie- the main character Howard played by Will Smith lost his daughter and had gone through a very hard time to move on from that. It was quite a deep movie to be interpreted though. But you can see how it portrays the meaning of the said phrase. To put in easy words, there’s beauty in things that you actually have (yeah, I googled this) and moments that you have gone through. To get something or to not get something, to achieve something or to lose something- there’s beauty in all of it. And in this particular movie, collateral beauty is the things between people who love you and vice versa, goes along even when the time flows and not even death can take away from you. 

So, look around you, do you believe in collateral beauty? 

a view I'll miss-

Till then, assalamualaikum. 
 Love,
D.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How 2018 has treated me?

A tight hug.

growing up and surviving